Reasons for Ending FPUA Electric
As if any FPUA customer needs a reason for ending their electric service other than their monthly bill. Here are a few of the top reasons it is time to end FPUA electric.
Families & Businesses Struggle Because of FPUA
Why should FPUA customers struggle to keep their power on?
Let’s put more money back into our pockets.
Every hour FPUA customers are paying over a nickel more than their neighbors served by FPL.
- FPL charges 5.8¢ every kw hour
- FPUA charges 11.8¢ every kw hour
- FPUA customers over pay 6¢ every kw hour
- FPUA charges a power cost adjustment which is you being stiffed by a middleman.
What could you do with extra savings every month?
FPUA Customers Are Being Taxed into the Dark
FPUA customers are forced to pay extra to keep their lights on to help fund waste in City Hall. FPUA customers are over charged on their electric rates as a shadow tax for the city of Fort Pierce.
- Since 1997 Fort Pierce has collected over $32million from FPUA customers in shadow taxes
- Over charges in 2014 showered Fort Pierce with almost $5.5million
FPUA Customers Get Taxed without Representation
FPUA customers living outside the Fort Pierce city limits have to pay the shadow tax to Fort Pierce but don’t have a vote for how that money is used.
They pay shadow taxes because of waste in City Hall but can’t affect change in City Hall. Not long ago people declared independence because of this.
Now is the time to Declare Independence from FPUA Electric.